May 23, 2013

I'm in the garden dress.....


While we were away this past week our blog was featured on
Rhonda's Creative Life!  She writes a cool blog with
beautiful sewing projects & oh yeah she is a Pilot!
Our first feature that made our day...thanks Rhonda!
She also featured Janlynn from Sew More
who is an accomplished seamstress that we aspire to &
know her cool projects from my mom's blog!


We made this garden dress of this lavender soft stripe
with muted
flowers fabric.
 My mom had it in her fabric stash & could not
decide how to sew it up as it was quite sheer.

Not hard for us as it came......
pre shirred in the middle! lol

So we made it a double layer & that took
care of the sheerness.

My mom did a little hand sewing for the front bodice.

Sew you later!



3 comments:

RhondaBuss said...

So happy to have you on my blog roll!!!
Cute little dress and it's just a rectangle. Great idea. But I did notice one thing, the shoes with the fabric aren't the shoes on your feet:-0!

Jan said...

Great looking dress from very pretty fabric.

You are very kind to refer to me as accomplished. No pressure to live up to that description!

Sewingfunthings said...

You chose a pretty piece of fabric for this beautiful dress. I know you are thanking mom!